Fider 0.18.1 has been released with experimental server side rendering, security and bug fixes
2 years later...
It's been exactly 2 years since the last stable release, so we had to do some catch-up on package updates. The main goal of this release was to get Fider up to date with all of its dependencies, but we've been able to sneak in some small improvements as well.
#1: Experimental Server Side Rendering
On 0.18.0 we've integrated Fider with Rendergun to provide Server Sider Rendering (SSR) for Crawlers. There is no argue that SSR provides much better SEO results, not only for Google, but any other search crawler or social bot.
To turn this feature on, simply set
true on your environment variables. The goal is to one day turn have this feature enabled by default and remove Rendergun integration.
Breaking Changes on Fider 0.18.1
To protect Fider against a Host attack, the
HOST_DOMAIN environment variable is now mandatory. If your instance is hosted on
https://feedback.yoursite.com, then set this environment variable to
Other relevant changes on Fider 0.18.1
- experimental: support for Server Side Rendering (#921)
- enhancement: drop IE11 support (#919)
- fix: support twitch new oauth (#913)
- fix: remove insecure ciphers (#d40acb5)
- fix: Allow SMTP without StartTLS (#926)
- security: bump npm and fix host attack (#895)
- security: replace math/rand with crypto/rand to generate secret strings (#898)
- chore: upgrade to postgres 12 (#958d788)
- tooling: Update to Go 1.16 (#911)
- tooling: update Node and Go packages (#912)
Help us shape the future of Fider. Visit our feedback forum and raise your voice. Tell us what to do next.